Marketing Strategy, and a few questions to think about
Often we meet with business owners and although they know their business very well, they haven’t taken the time or effort to think about marketing. Often we are told, “We are the best in our category and have won awards, but our sales are just not where they need to be”.
It’s like marketing is the last resort.
The benefits of a marketing strategy business plan are enormous and will help a business owner get away from relying on “intuition” to make business decisions.
Here are a few questions we often ask our customers to help us create a marketing strategy for your business.
- What is your company’s unique selling proposition? In a few sentences tell us what makes your business unique and describe the essence of your business.
- What are the benefits of your company’s products or services? How will these features impact your target market (customer)?
- Define your target market. Who is most likely to show the most interest in your product or service?
- Are you in a highly competitive industry? Who is your largest competitor? How are you different? Is your market changing?
- What is the busiest time of year? What is your slowest time of year?
- Have you ever advertised before? If so what was the most and least effective?
- What are your goal/ expectations? What would you consider a successful campaign?